If You Have Access to Concur

In some cases, students (including students who are University employees and students who are not) may have access to Concur. If you do have access, use the information below to learn more.

  1. Pre-trip Requirements – As a student, you will need to complete pre-trip requirements. Check with your department or school for what requirements you will need to complete before you travel. Visit Travel How-Tos for how to submit a pre-trip request.

  2. Getting Started – Get started with travel and expense by learning about Concur Travel and Expense, roles and responsibilities, getting access, logging in, and setting up your profile in Concur.

  3. Mobile Tools – View features of the Concur Mobile App you can use.

  4. Expense How-Tos – Learn about expense reports in Concur and managing receipts.

If You Don't Have Access

Check with your department DAF to find out if Concur access is available to you.

If you have not been granted access to Concur, a Non-Profiled Payee Travel and Business Expense Worksheet webform is available to assist you with the organization of your reimbursable travel and business expenses. The completed webform can then be given to an authorized departmental Concur user to process a CU-Non-Profiled Payee Expense Report in Concur on your behalf.

Group of four students talking in a classroom.

General Resources for Students

Below are links to information that may be of use to all student travelers. Students are always advised to check with their individual schools for travel information, policies, and procedures.


The Undergraduate International Travel Policy and procedures apply to the following groups:

  • Columbia College
  • School of General Studies
  • Any undergraduate or graduate students taking part in programming run, funded, or facilitated by:
    • Undergraduate Student Life
    • Global Programs and Fellowship
    • The Center for Career Education

The International Travel Planning Policy applies to international Columbia travel, including Columbia-led travel and Columbia-facilitated and/or recognized travel. It does not cover non-Columbia travel.

International Travel

Global Travel is dedicated to supporting the health, safety, and security of University travelers engaged in Columbia Travel abroad. 

Global Travel can assist with pre-departure preparations, including working closely with the University's 24/7 emergency assistance provider, International SOS.

Emergency Support

For emergency assistance while abroad:

  • if you become seriously ill
  • have your passport or wallet lost or stolen
  • need to speak with a mental health professional
  • require any other assistance

Please call International SOS’s 24-hour assistance center at +1 215-942-8478.

Visit Columbia Global Travel for more guidance.